Jim is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He focuses his practice on securities and corporate transactions including contract drafting and negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, private placements of securities exempt from registration, venture capital financings, and hedge fund and mutual fund formation and compliance.
His experience includes:
- Counseling public companies in connection with ongoing Securities and Exchange Commission compliance.
- Representing Latin American and European clients in the United States and abroad in connection with a myriad of securities and corporate matters, including transnational and off-shore financings and corporate transactions;
- Providing credit enhancement in connection with domestic housing and similar municipal bond financings for European and off-shore insurers;
- Representing hedge funds and investment advisors in formation, compliance and capital investment;
- Representing clients in connection with their initial and subsequent public offerings and private placements; and
- Counseling clients through complex venture capital financings and transactions.
- Speaking fluent Spanish, Jim represents many Latin American clients in a number of matters relating to securities and corporate transactions.
Jim is admitted to practice in the state of New York.
- Columbia University, J.D., 1973, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Holy Cross College, A.B., 1970, Economics, member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, National Honor Society in Economics
Professional & Civic Involvement
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association · Securities Law Committee, 1986-1992
Fordham University School of Law · Adjunct Professor of Law, 1998-present, teaching Securities Regulation